Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer Job Description
A technical service support position has arisen for a skilled, enthusiastic, and service-oriented technical support engineer in a growing telecommunications company in Lexington, Massachusetts. Vanu Inc is a global leader in providing wireless coverage to the 1.2 billion people worldwide that don’t have coverage today. Joining as a Technical support engineer, you will provide software and hardware support and guidance to existing and potential customers. The technical support engineer provides remote assistance to customers for the operation and maintenance of Vanu key network elements. Key responsibilities include troubleshooting, maintenance, installation and overall support of Vanu software.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution within customer SLA
- Perform software installation, upgrades, and configuration of customer software
- Identify, correct and/or advise on operational issues in client networks
- Provide training to clients in the use of radio network system and applications
- Develop a general understanding of OS level and application level operations related to company products and services
- Identify and correct or advise operational issues in client networks or sites
- Create and maintain account updates using company’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM ticketing software
- Troubleshooting of issues by analyzing device logs, call traces, and KPIs.
- Cooperate internally with Engineering and SQA teams to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Configure radio network controller and radio network controller interfaces (lu, lub, lur)
- To integrate node Bs in the field, as needed
- Contribute to updating and maintaining internal knowledge base.
- Create and maintain documentation of all incidents.
- To provide support on the LTE network, small cell, other projects and able to understand protocols of VoLTE.
- Create and execute the test cases for the radio access network
- To provide support and guidance to customers for operations and maintenance of network elements
- To coordinate the communications between customer, operation’s team, and field support system
- Provide high quality technical support to Vanu customers
- Troubleshooting of issues by analysing device logs and call traces
- Work with Engineering and SQA to identify and resolve technical issues
- Perform software upgrades and migration in production networks
- Create and maintain documentation of all incidents
- Bachelors in Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent Technical Degree or 6-8 years experience and/or training; or equivalent cominbination of training and education
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including availability nights and weekends for remote support.
- Work experience in NOC or Customer support in a service provider or OEM
- Understanding of GSM, 3G and LTE architectures and call flows will be an advantage
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adeptly solve problems
- Computer skills: knowledge of Linux Operating systems (Debian, CentOS); Cisco Routers and switches, capturing and decoding network packet captures, network monitoring tools and utilities, knowledge of SNMP
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send resume and message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
News & Insights
Vanu To Roll Out 200 Telecom Towers For Orange Liberia
Vanu will build at least 200 2G, 3G and 4G towers for Orange Liberia. Read more
The Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group and Vanu, Inc. announce a partnership to provide connectivity in rural areas in Côte d’Ivoire and to Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group’s subsidiaries in Burkina Faso and Liberia
Cape Town, November 8, 2022 Press release The Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group and Vanu, Inc. announce a partnership ...
Vanu Announces Anywave™ 4.0 Dual Mode GSM/LTE Base Station – An Innovative New Platform Created for the Rural Market
Vanu Multi-band, multi-standard radio access node addresses power, cost and maintenance challenges that have made it difficult for...
View All News