Vanu has a strong track record of industry firsts, awards, and a commitment to technical research on a wide range of efficient construction and operation of radio access networks.
Vanu has a strong track record of both industry firsts and awards recognizing the organization’s achievements. This recognition is a result of being at the forefront of Software Defined Radio technology developments taken to commercial deployment.
Committed to technical research, our technical paper archive reflects technological advances and our collective experience on a wide range of efficient construction and operation of radio access networks.
- Shared Active Infrastructure and the Virtualization of Wireless Networks, Steve Muir
- Experiences implementing GSM in RDL (the Vanu Radio Description Language™), Chapin, John ; Vanu Inc
- A Noise-Adaptive Algorithm for First-Order Reed-Muller Decoding, Jon Feldman Ibrahim Abou-Faycal Matteo Frigo
- Algorithmic Advances for Software Radios, Matteo Frigo
- The AIRWIN Project, Revitalizing US Wireless Innovation Vanu Bose
- Trends in the Evolving Landscape for Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market Landscape, Steve Muir
- Capacity Growth of a CDMA2000 Base Station Due to Moore’s Law, J.Chapin, A. Chiu, V. Lum, J.Nimmer, SDR Forum
- In-Band Wireless Backhaul using SDR for Rural Cellual Systems, C. Cabrera, L.Chen, B. Fallik, S. Hu, J.Chapin, SDR Forum
- Design of a OFDM Cooperative Space-Time Diversity System, A. Chan, O. Chin, H. Kung, V. Tarokh, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- Software Radio for Cost-Effective Growth Opportunities for Rural Carriers, J. Chapin, The Base Station e-Newsletter
- Software Radio in Wireless Applications: A Revolution through Software. M. Gilbert, Wireless Design & Development
- Time-Limited Leases in Radio Systems, J. Chapin, W. Lehr, IEEE Communications Magazine
- The Path to Market Success for Dynamic Spectrum Access Technology, J. Chapin, W. Lehr, IEEE Communications Magazine
- Time-Limited Leases for Innovative Radios, J. Chapin, W. Lehr, IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks
- The Vanu Anywave Base Station Subsytem, John Chapin, Vanu, Inc.
News & Insights
The Incumbents are Coming for Open RAN – But There’s Still Hope (Off-Grid)
Late in 2020, Vanu’s CEO Andrew Beard contributed a piece to RCRWireless titled “Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not...
Is Open RAN disruptive? Not for everyone
The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate in wireless circles. This is unsurprising...
Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not For Everyone.
by Andrew Beard, CEO, Vanu, Inc. The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate...
View All News