Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant Job Opportunity
Overview: Vanu, Inc. is seeking to grow its accounting department. As part of our expansion, we are adding a senior accounting position in a growing telecommunications company in Lexington, Massachusetts. Vanu Inc is a global leader in providing wireless coverage to the 1.2 billion people worldwide that do not have coverage today.
Job Purpose: The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for contributing to various accounting roles for the business including consolidation, foreign exchange, intercompany and account reconciliations, ERP/subsystem projects, and various other ad hoc projects. The Senior Staff Accountant will report directly to the Group Vice President, Finance.
- Manage US month-end close activities including but not limited to posting and reconciling cash, posting journal entries, and preparing account reconciliations.
- Oversee General Ledger/Accounts Payable/Purchasing activities, about 25% of the role.
- Coordinate intercompany accounting reconciliations with foreign subsidiaries accounting staff and/or local accounting firm.
- Contribute to preparing audit schedules with a supporting role in business assurance audits.
- Review and analyze the monthly financial reporting packages submitted by the foreign subsidiaries to ensure revenue, expenses, and other key GL accounts are properly reconciled and amounts are recorded appropriately according to company policy.
- Support continuous improvement in the development, approval, and implementation of processes and procedures to improve operations, about 10% of the role.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Possess strong analytical skills and a strong knowledge of the application of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of the elements of financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of intercompany transactions.
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative, and results-oriented with strong teamwork skills.
- Embrace the idea of working at a small international company that operates in a fast-paced environment, which leads to broadening skillsets, increasing scope of experience, and higher visibility roles.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- A professional with the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when warranted.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Prior multinational company experience is preferred.
- Hands-on System experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, a huge plus but not required.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
News & Insights
Vanu To Roll Out 200 Telecom Towers For Orange Liberia
Vanu will build at least 200 2G, 3G and 4G towers for Orange Liberia. Read more
The Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group and Vanu, Inc. announce a partnership to provide connectivity in rural areas in Côte d’Ivoire and to Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group’s subsidiaries in Burkina Faso and Liberia
Cape Town, November 8, 2022 Press release The Orange Côte d’Ivoire Group and Vanu, Inc. announce a partnership ...
Vanu Announces Anywave™ 4.0 Dual Mode GSM/LTE Base Station – An Innovative New Platform Created for the Rural Market
Vanu Multi-band, multi-standard radio access node addresses power, cost and maintenance challenges that have made it difficult for...
View All News