We are searching for an experienced network engineer in our growing telecommunications company. This position is located in our Bangalore, India office. Vanu Inc is a global leader in providing wireless coverage to the 1.2 billion people worldwide that don’t have coverage today. In this position, you will provide design, implementation, and troubleshooting support of network infrastructure in both our internal and customer networks across the globe.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external customers to define deliverables for the build-out of distributed IP networks over large geographic areas.
- Generate deployment plans for new networks or changes to existing networks.
- Install, configure and maintain IP networking equipment from various vendors (e.g. Cisco, Ubiquiti).
- Work directly with engineers in the field to troubleshoot and resolve networking issues.
- Establish secure VPN access to customer/remote networks.
- Analyze & report network traffic flow and take necessary actions to improve performance & reliability.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on network configuration, providing necessary input into operations and internal troubleshooting guidelines.
- Maintain, patch and update network infrastructure to ensure infrastructure is performing as expected at appropriate version levels.
- Manage backups and DR services related to network infrastructure.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating IP networks.
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, filtering, subnetting, and routing.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies (802.1q VLANs, STP, ARP, etc.).
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, nmap, etc.).
- Knowledge and expertise with different IP networking vendors (Cisco, Ubiquti, pfSense, etc.).
- Experience with IOS, EdgeOS or similar network vendor CLI .
- Have a fundamental understanding of Linux/Unix-based systems.
- Knowledge of a common scripting language (Python, Perl, shell).
- Strong analysis and diagnostic skills with the ability to to problem-solve complex situations under pressure, utilizing troubleshooting skills, systems, and tools.
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to produce clean, concise diagrams and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field is preferred.
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send resume and message to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
News & Insights
The Incumbents are Coming for Open RAN – But There’s Still Hope (Off-Grid)
Late in 2020, Vanu’s CEO Andrew Beard contributed a piece to RCRWireless titled “Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not...
Is Open RAN disruptive? Not for everyone
The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate in wireless circles. This is unsurprising...
Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not For Everyone.
by Andrew Beard, CEO, Vanu, Inc. The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate...
View All News