We are searching for an experienced network engineer in our growing telecommunications company. This position is located in our Bangalore, India office. Vanu Inc is a global leader in providing wireless coverage to the 1.2 billion people worldwide that don’t have coverage today. In this position, you will provide design, implementation, and troubleshooting support of network infrastructure in both our internal and customer networks across the globe.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external customers to define deliverables for the build-out of distributed IP networks over large geographic areas.
- Generate deployment plans for new networks or changes to existing networks.
- Install, configure and maintain IP networking equipment from various vendors (e.g. Cisco, Ubiquiti).
- Work directly with engineers in the field to troubleshoot and resolve networking issues.
- Establish secure VPN access to customer/remote networks.
- Analyze & report network traffic flow and take necessary actions to improve performance & reliability.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on network configuration, providing necessary input into operations and internal troubleshooting guidelines.
- Maintain, patch and update network infrastructure to ensure infrastructure is performing as expected at appropriate version levels.
- Manage backups and DR services related to network infrastructure.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating IP networks.
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, filtering, subnetting, and routing.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies (802.1q VLANs, STP, ARP, etc.).
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, nmap, etc.).
- Knowledge and expertise with different IP networking vendors (Cisco, Ubiquti, pfSense, etc.).
- Experience with IOS, EdgeOS or similar network vendor CLI .
- Have a fundamental understanding of Linux/Unix-based systems.
- Knowledge of a common scripting language (Python, Perl, shell).
- Strong analysis and diagnostic skills with the ability to to problem-solve complex situations under pressure, utilizing troubleshooting skills, systems, and tools.
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to produce clean, concise diagrams and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field is preferred.
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send resume and message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
News & Insights
Vanu deploying solar-powered sites for MTN Rwanda
Vanu has launched a new partner programme in Rwanda to deploy mobile base stations in remote areas. To...
Vanu in major off-grid tower deal in Nigeria
Vanu Inc has begun deploying hundreds of off-grid basestations to rural communities in Nigeria through a partnership with...
The Incumbents are Coming for Open RAN – But There’s Still Hope (Off-Grid)
Late in 2020, Vanu’s CEO Andrew Beard contributed a piece to RCRWireless titled “Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not...
View All News