Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer Job Description
A technical service support position is open for a skilled, enthusiastic, and service-oriented
engineer in VANU, a growing telecommunications company for its office in Bangalore.
Vanu Inc is a global leader in providing wireless coverage to rural markets worldwide that don’t
have coverage today. Joining as a Technical support engineer, you will provide software and
hardware support and guidance to existing and potential customers of Vanu Inc.
The technical support engineer provides remote assistance to customers for the operation and
maintenance of Vanu network elements. Key responsibilities include troubleshooting,
maintenance, integration, and overall support of Vanu software.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support by email, phone & CRM Service Requests to resolve issues in
- Develop a general understanding of OS and software applications related to company
products and services
- To provide support and guidance to customers for operations and maintenance of
2G/3G/4G radio access networks
- Identify and correct operational issues in customer networks
- Configuration of radio access network equipment and related software from central
- Support customer lab and customer markets for software and hardware new feature
- Understanding and ability to organize the field trials of greenfield networks
- Create and execute the test cases for acceptance of NE in customer networks
- Analysis of KPIs to identify and resolve customer complaints
- Troubleshoot issues by analysing device logs and call traces
- Work with Engineering and SQA to identify and resolve technical issues
- Provide training to clients in the use of Vanu products
- Perform software upgrades and migration in production networks
- Create and maintain account updates using company’s CRM software
- Create and maintain documentation of all incidents
- Bachelor’s in science or Engineering Degree or equivalent Technical Degree and 6 – 8
years of work experience
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including availability at nights and weekends for
remote support as required
- Work experience in NOC or Customer support in a service provider or OEM
- Understanding of GSM, 3G and LTE architectures and call flows will be an advantage
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adeptly solve problems
- Computer skills: knowledge of Linux Operating systems, Cisco Routers and switches,
capturing and decoding network packet captures, network monitoring tools and utilities
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send resume and message to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
News & Insights
The Incumbents are Coming for Open RAN – But There’s Still Hope (Off-Grid)
Late in 2020, Vanu’s CEO Andrew Beard contributed a piece to RCRWireless titled “Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not...
Is Open RAN disruptive? Not for everyone
The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate in wireless circles. This is unsurprising...
Is Open RAN Disruptive? Not For Everyone.
by Andrew Beard, CEO, Vanu, Inc. The merits of Open RAN have become a topic of much debate...
View All News