International Staff Accountant
Job Purpose: The International Staff Accountant is responsible for contributing to various accounting roles for the business including consolidation, foreign exchange, reconciliations, technical accounting, automation projects, and various ad hoc projects. The International Staff Accountant will report directly to the Vice President, Finance.
- Manage US month-end close activities including but not limited to posting and reconciling cash, posting journal entries, and preparing account reconciliations
- Oversee General Ledger/Accounts Payable/Purchasing activities, about 25% of the role.
- Assist with the implementation of an automated AP/Purchasing system
- Assist with the implementation of an inventory control subsystem
- Contribute to preparing audit schedules with a supporting role in business assurance audits.
- Review and analyze the monthly financial reporting packages submitted by the foreign subsidiaries to ensure revenue, expenses, and other key GL accounts are properly reconciled and amounts are recorded appropriately according to company policy and US GAAP.
- Support continuous improvement in the development, approval, and implementation of processes and procedures to improve operations, about 10% of the role.
- Special projects as assigned and assist where necessary.
- Possess strong analytical skills and a strong knowledge of the application of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of the elements of financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of intercompany transactions.
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results-oriented with strong teamwork skills.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Embrace the idea of working at a small international company that operates at a fast pace, which leads to broadening skillsets, increasing scope of experience, and higher visibility roles.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- A professional with the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when warranted.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Prior multinational company experience is preferred but not required.
- Hands-on System experience with MS-Dynamics NAV and Concur, a huge plus but not required.
Vanu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send a message and resume to Careers@vanu.com
We look forward to hearing from you!