The Vanu GSM Portable Network System is a compact, portable, low power 3GPP compliant complete GSM solution combined with local processing.
The Vanu GSM Portable Network System “brings your own portable cellular system solution” delivering voice and SMS over a 1-5 km cell capable of supporting any standard GSM mobile device.
It combines the Mobile Switching Center (MSC), Base Station Controller (BSC), and Base Transceiver Station (BTS) in a single compact enclosure. The GSM Portable Network System also includes solar panels and a battery backup.
The GSM Portable Network System is designed for rapid deployment in applications such as disaster recovery. It will operate as a standalone system, with its integrated core services network, and can connect to backhaul over any standard IP based network for wide connectivity. It is low power and has a low logistics footprint. It is rapidly deployable, man portable, can be vehicle mounted, or statically deployed in fixed or temporary locations.
The GSM Portable Network System is designed to support four frequency bands 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, and 1900MHz. It includes two TRXs that supports 2 x 5W or 1 x 10W configurations. The GSM Portable Network System supports both voice and SMS. It supports all standard speech codecs GSM-FR/HR, AMR-FR/HR, and EFR and allows for 30/15 concurrent callers.
The GSM Portable Network System provides a solution that integrates the MSC, BSC, and BTS. into a portable, compact and lightweight system. It is designed to be carried in a portable case to disaster recovery areas and the overall weight of the product is around 30Kg. The system can be powered through grid or off-grid and the solution includes both AC source and solar panels with a battery backup. The GSM Portable Network System is low power and consumes 65W of power during operation.
The system is passively cooled during operation and is designed to operate from -20°C to +55°C, and humidity up to 95%. It is enclosed in an IP-67 rated portable case.
- Compact, light, low power ETSI/3GPP compliant GSM solution
- Integrated MSC, BSC, and BTS
- Integrated solar panels and battery backup
- One touch auto configuration for operation of the BTS, BSC, and MSC
- Configuration interface to pre-provision SIMs
- Allows mobile phones, from different operators, within range to connect and use the local network
- Automatic shutdown of integrated BSC and MSC when connected with an external MSC
- Dual TRX capacity
- TX output power can be configured for 2 x 37 dBm or 1 x 40 dBm
- Static RX sensitivity to -110 dBm
- 850, 900, 1800, or 1900 MHz band
- AMR-FR, AMR-HR, FR, EFR
- GPRS CS 1-4, EDGE MCS 1-9
- GPRS/EDGE Multislot classes 1-12
- Uplink power control
- 30 Concurrent calls (TCH/H on 15 timeslots)
- AC/ Solar power input
- Optional RJ45 for WAN connectivity
- Two N-type female GSM antenna
- Power Input
- AC Power
- Solar Panel
- Output – 24V
- Sealed lead acid battery
- Input voltage range +/- 10%
- Input noise/ripple < 2%
- Power consumption < 80Watts
Physical and Environmental
- Weight < 100 Lbs
- Dust and water protection IP-67
- Operating range -20°C to +55°C
- Storage range -40°C to +75°C
- Operating humidity up to 95%