The CompactRAN is the smallest, lightest, lowest power consumption outdoor base station available today. The CompactRAN is in a rugged IP-67 rated outdoor enclosure. Consuming only 50W for 5 Watt outdoor power per channel and weighing less than 12 kg, this product is ideal for hard to cover outdoor areas such as rural areas in developing markets, spot fill-in on highways, or in rugged terrain areas where traditional high sites can only offer spotty coverage. The small form factor allows for simplified mounting on poles and alternative structures, and eliminates the need to place equipment on the ground.
The CompactRAN GSM solution from Vanu offers unique market opportunities with its deployment potential. The CompactRAN GSM solution is powered by Vanu GSM solution which utilizes a latency and jitter tolerant packet-based IP backhaul. This enables the infrastructure to use a wide variety of media for backhaul including microwave, wireless broadband, cable modem, DSL, and satellite connections. The IP RAN architecture allows for seamless expansion of existing RAN networks. The Vanu soft-BSC interworks with all major core network vendors. The Vanu EMS delivers a multitude of monitored KPIs and alarms.
Vanu CompactRAN is a GSM/EDGE cellular base station. It is a dual TRX system designed to operate in all four GSM bands. The base station can be configured to operate as a 2 x 2W, 2 x 5W or 2 x 10W system.
The CompactRAN can be configured as a tri-sector 2x2x2 offering a sustainable solar powered alternative to the current macro rural BTS.
- Smallest, Lightest, and Lowest Power
- Standard GSM interfaces supported – The CompactRAN solution uses all standard GSM network interfaces. The Vanu GSM solution interoperates with the core networks of all Tier 1 OEMs such as NSN, Ericsson MSCs and SGSNs, and Huawei MSC.
- Reduced OPEX due to remote management – All feature and/or release upgrades are software upgrades and they can be performed remotely. There are no hardware upgrades needed. All CompactRAN solution network elements can be monitored and controlled remotely after installation.
- Tolerant to high latency Abis backhaul – Vanu’s CompactRAN solution can support high latency on Abis. Its unique design can support voice sessions, including handover over on a high latency backhaul.
- PCU at Access – Vanu’s CompactRAN solution has its PCU at the access along with the BTS. The iPCU architecture at access enables faster link adaptation over the air and thereby enables better speeds.
- Capacity – Each Compact RAN supports 22 Erlangs (with 2% blocking), i.e. 30 simultaneous AMR-HR voice calls across all TRXs.
- Backhaul Dimensioning – Peak load Abis [between BTS and BSC] bandwidth for a TRX is ~200kbps. Abis payload compression, if applied, reduces it significantly lower.
- Mixed Pool Timeslots – Vanu’s CompactRAN solution supports mixed pool timeslots. As many as six timeslots in a TRX can be allocated to mixed pool. The data sessions shall always be preempted by a new voice call, i.e. the voice calls have preference.
- 8PSK – Vanu’s CompactRAN solution supports Gaussian Minimum Shift Keying (GMSK) and 8PSK (Phase Shift Keying) modulations – EDGE MCS1 –MCS9 and GPRS CS1 – CS4.
- Dual TRX GSM/EDGE BTS
- Input voltage 48 VDC ± 20%
- Average power consumption:
- 2 x 2W: 36W
- 2 x 5W: 50W
- 2 x 10W: 70W
- IP Ethernet backhaul
- Static RX sensitivity to -115 dBm with RX diversity
- GSM 850,E-GSM 900, DCS 1800, or DCS 1900 MHz Band
- Better 0.05 ppm frequency stability
- A5/1, A5/3 Ciphering
- AMR-FR, AMR-HR, GSM FR, GSM EFR
- EDGE MCS1-9, GPRS CS 1-4
- GPRS/EDGE Multislot Classes 1-12
- Link Adaptation
- Incremental Redundancy
- Uplink Power Control
- Omnidirectional Coverage
one outdoor unit
- Sector Coverage
one outdoor unit per sector
- IP-67 rated enclosure for dust and water protection
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +55 °C
- Storage Temperature -40°C to +75°C
- Operating Humidity 95%
- Triple LED & reset with transparent cap
- 48 VDC power input
- Two RJ45 LAN inputs
- Two N-Type TX/RX antenna inputs
- SMA Network Scan input
- SMA GPS antenna input
- Link adaptation
- Power savings:
- 2nd TRX shutdown
- UL/DL power control
- RX Diversity
- Frequency Hopping
- Shared PPS signal
- Abis optimization
- Idle GSM timeslots suppression
- Silence voice frame suppression
- RTP aggregation
- Local call switching
- Smart Paging
- SMS Cell broadcast
- Automatic BCCH recovery
- Idle channel supervision
- 310 mm (H) x 310 mm (W) x 165 mm (D)
- <12 kg
- Wall or pole Mounting