The Community Connect is the next generation GSM/EDGE base station from Vanu Inc. It is dual TRX system, designed to support up to 10W per TRX in the GSM 850/900 MHz and DCS 1800/1900 MHz bands. The BTS is highly integrated and includes the duplexers in the enclosure. The new BTS is enclosed in an IP67 rated enclosure and weighs 9.6kg. The small form factor allows for simplified mounting on poles and alternative structures. This greatly simplifies the tower construction requirements. The BTS is low power and consumes only 64W when operating at its peak output power of 10W per channel.
The Community Connect GSM solution from Vanu offers unique market opportunities with its deployment potential. Our solution is powered by Vanu GSM software which utilizes a latency and jitter tolerant packet-based IP backhaul. This enables the infrastructure to use a wide variety of media for backhaul including microwave, wireless broadband, cable modem, DSL, and satellite connections. The IP RAN architecture allows for seamless expansion of existing RAN networks. The Vanu soft-BSC interworks with all major core network vendors. The Vanu EMS delivers a multitude of monitored KPIs and alarms.
The Community Connect can be configured as a tri-sector 2x2x2 offering a sustainable solar powered alternative to the current macro rural BTS.
- Smallest, Lightest, and Lowest Power carrier grade base station
- Standard GSM interfaces supported – The Community Connect solution uses all standard GSM network interfaces. The Vanu GSM solution interoperates with the core networks of all Tier 1 OEMs such as NSN, Ericsson MSCs and SGSNs, and Huawei MSC.
- Reduced OPEX due to remote management – All feature and/or release upgrades are software upgrades and they can be performed remotely. There are no hardware upgrades needed. All Community Connect solution network elements can be monitored and controlled remotely after installation.
- Tolerant to high latency Abis backhaul – Vanu’s Community Connect solution can support high latency on Abis. Its unique design can support voice sessions, including handover over on a high latency backhaul.
- PCU at Access – Vanu’s Community Connect solution has its PCU at the access along with the BTS. The iPCU architecture at access enables faster link adaptation over the air and thereby enables better speeds.
- Capacity – Each Community Connect supports 22 Erlangs (with 2% blocking), i.e. 30 simultaneous AMR-HR voice calls across all TRXs.
- Mixed Pool Timeslots – The Community Connect solution supports mixed pool timeslots. As many as six timeslots in a TRX can be allocated to mixed pool. The data sessions shall always be preempted by a new voice call, i.e. the voice calls have preference.
- 8PSK – Vanu’s Community Connect solution supports Gaussian Minimum Shift Keying (GMSK) and 8PSK (Phase Shift Keying) modulations – EDGE MCS1 –MCS9 and GPRS CS1 – CS4.
- RX Diversity – Vanu’s Community Connect solution supports RX diversity which improves quality and reliability of cellular link and increases cellular coverage
- Frequency Hopping – The Community Connect solution supports frequency hopping which minimizes interferences thus enabling deployment of base stations in harsh radio wave environment.
- Dual TRX GSM/EDGE BTS
- Input voltage 48 VDC ± 20%
- Average power consumption:
- 2 x 2W: 36W
- 2 x 5W: 56W
- 2 x 10W: 64W
- IP Ethernet backhaul
- Static RX sensitivity to -115 dBm with RX diversity
- GSM 850,E-GSM 900, DCS 1800, or DCS 1900 MHz Band
- Better 0.05 ppm frequency stability
- A5/1, A5/3 Ciphering
- AMR-FR, AMR-HR, GSM FR, GSM EFR
- EDGE MCS1-9, GPRS CS 1-4
- GPRS/EDGE Multislot Classes 1-12
- Omnidirectional Coverage
one outdoor unit
- Sector Coverage
one outdoor unit per sector
- IP-67 rated enclosure for dust and water protection
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +55 °C
- Storage Temperature -40°C to +75°C
- Operating Humidity 95%
- Triple LED & reset with transparent cap
- 48 VDC power input
- Two RJ45 LAN inputs
- Two N-Type TX/RX antenna inputs
- SMA Network Scan input
- SMA GPS antenna input
- Link adaptation
- Power savings:
- 2nd TRX shutdown
- UL/DL power control
- RX Diversity
- Frequency Hopping
- Shared PPS signal
- Abis optimization
- Idle GSM timeslots suppression
- DTX and Silence voice frame suppression
- RTP Aggregation and Multi-plexing
- Local Call Local Switching
- Smart Paging
- SMS Cell broadcast
- Automatic BCCH recovery
- Idle channel supervision
- 310 mm (H) x 310 mm (W) x 165 mm (D)
- Wall or pole Mounting