The Vanu Anywave platform allows carriers to profit by covering areas that cannot be covered using traditional radio access network equipment. Vanu’s software RAN solutions enable mobile operators to have the flexibility to design and offer differentiated solutions to meet the needs of their end customers. Anywave is the first Federal Communications Commission (FCC)-certified, commercially available software RAN solution, utilizing a single reusable hardware platform to support multiple wireless services and standards simultaneously.
Anywave utilizes a modular, scalable component architecture to support a broad range of RAN configurations. Radio Frequency (RF) and processor modules in the base station allow operators to configure a system tailored to their current and future spectrum and capacity requirements. Vanu’s BSC and Element Management System (EMS) software can be deployed on individual servers, or on blades within a telco-grade blade server chassis for enhanced scalability. Native IP support throughout simplifies connectivity and enables a variety of redundancy options.
Most importantly, each wireless standard is entirely implemented in high level languages running on high volume, high performance commercial off-the-shelf processors, allowing customers to choose the best and most cost-effective processor for their application. Anywave provides a flexible, scalable RAN solution ideally suited for operators seeking to deploy new services and standards quickly and cost-effectively.
Advantages for Mobile Operators
- Upgradeability: Allows for the addition of new wireless standards quickly via remote software downloads, eliminating costly hardware duplication when adding new services in an existing deployed frequency band. Speeds time to market through ease of use and cost minimization.
- On Demand Capacity Allocations: The addition of system capacity can be expedited simply by remotely downloading Anywave software. Traffic channels can also be added to multiple sites within hours instead of weeks, thus ensuring your RAN is flexible enough to meet immediate needs of end user performance.
- Remote Management: The reduction of the number of site visits through remote network diagnostics and software downloads helps operators control administration and maintenance costs.
- Cost Reduction: The reduction of site rental and electrical utility costs due to a smaller base station footprint with fewer hardware requirements enables a greener solution.
The Vanu Anywave 3.0 platform is a multi-band, multi-standard radio access node. Anywave 3.0 is designed to support 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) 2 x 2 Multiple Input/Multiple Output (MIMO), but can be configured to support 3G, CDMA, or GSM through software modifications. Anywave 2.0 can also support dual mode 4G and GSM.
Anywave 3.0 uses a novel digital pre-distortion technology to linearize power amplifier output resulting in high efficiency (high power output and low power consumption). The system is compact and highly integrated; it integrates dual Power Amplifiers (PAs) and the duplexers along with the latest baseband processor and integrated transceiver technologies to support the multiple standards. Anywave is small, lightweight, and designed to install on existing towers or poles.
|Efficiency/low power consumption||Lower site capital costs due to smaller solar, wind, battery, and/or generator costs; lower operating costs for sites connected to electrical grid|
|Broadband 4G and 2G support||Service for all – latest broadband devices and disadvantaged feature phones|
|Small form factor and light weight||Lower site costs due to smaller wind and weight load on tower; faster and cheaper transportation to remote areas; easy to install on existing infrastructure|
|Tower top mounting||Can more than double power efficiency by reducing cable losses, eliminate Tower Mounted Amplifiers (TMAs)|
|“Phone home” configuration||Lowers cost and simplifies deployment – field technician does not have to configure on site|
|Remote optimization||Reduces maintenance costs by eliminating most site visits|
|IP 67 enclosure rated from 0° C to 55° C||Sealed to eliminate water, dust, and other environmental intrusion concerns, but thermally efficient|
The first product in the Anywave LTE micro cell/small cell family is a 5W system designed to operate in Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) bands 2 and 3. The modular nature of the hardware allows support for other FDD bands. Support for Time Division Duplex (TDD) involves hardware reconfiguration. Anywave LTE supports bandwidths up to 20MHz with a peak throughput of 140/40 Mbps DL/UL and supports 32 active UEs or 64 UEs with software upgrade. Anywave is designed for a TX output power of 2 x 37dBm (2 x 5 Watts) and consumes less than 100 Watts operating at 48VDC.
- 3GPP Rel 9 Compliance, Rel 10 compliance on RRC, S1, and X2
- 2×2 MIMO with FDD Duplex Mode
- Frequency bands – Multiple LTE bands
- Channel BW up to 20MHz
- 32 active UEs; 64 active UEs with software upgrade
- Peak throughput of 140/40 Mbps DL/UL for 20MHz BW and 4UE/TT
- Integrated PAs TX power of 2 x 37dBm
- Integrated Duplexers
- Voice Services
- CSFB to GERAN/UTRAN
- Inter RAT HO between 4G and 3G
- Inter RAT CSFB and redirection
- SRVCC (UTRAN, GERAN)
- Inter/Intra frequency neighbor supported is 32
- Inter-system neighbors supported is 16 per RAT
- Self-configuration including PCI/EARFCN configuration and selection
- Network listen
- Detection of PCI collision/ confusion
- Optimized TX power setting for UL/DL
- Automatic Neighbor Cell Relation (ANR)
- Configuration Management, Security and Alarms
- Zero touch configuration
- Configuration Management (TR-069, TR-169)
- Firmware Management (TR-069)
- Fault Management (TR-069)
- IPSec (PSK and Certificate)
Physical and Environmental
- Dust and water protection IP-67
- Operating range -20°C to +55°C (passively cooled)
- Storage range -40°C to +75°C
- Overall dimensions 310 x 310 x 215 mm
- Weight < 10 Kg
Connectors and I/O
- Triple LED and reset with transparent cap
- 48 VDC power input (100 Watts max)
- Two RJ45 LAN inputs
- Two N-Type TX/RX antenna inputs
- SMA RF listen input
- SMA GPS antenna input